- Who We Are
- En Español
- Prep Academy
- Foster Care
- SVFS Families
- News & Events
Protecting our St. Vincent Family: SVFS’s Response to COVID-19
To our community, we have compiled a list of resources you may find helpful as you work to keep you and your family healthy and well – Support for Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear St. Vincent Family,
St. Vincent Family Services is dedicated to promoting the health and safety of the children and families in our care and our faculty. In support of that goal, we want to share with you the actions we are taking to prevent, protect and respond to the growing threat of the Coronavirus (COVID -19).
In compliance with Governor DeWine’s order concerning all schools in the state of Ohio, St. Vincent Prep Academy will close beginning Tuesday, March 17th and will remain closed through at least Friday, April 3rd. Students enrolled in charter classrooms within our St. Vincent Prep Academy will receive calamity distance learning packets to take home during this time.
While our school program will be closed, our care team will remain available to deliver behavioral health services for our children and families. We will adapt our services to accommodate the recommendations of government and health officials, but we are committed to the social and emotional needs of our children during this uncertain time, and we are working diligently to create continued opportunities for connection, routine and a sense of normalcy. Families can expect follow up communication from our team in the coming days with more detail on how counseling/behavioral health services will continue during this time.
St. Vincent Family Services continues to monitor the outbreak of the 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are receiving regular updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Franklin County Public Health Department regarding COVID-19. In addition to following Governor DeWine’s orders concerning Ohio Schools, we continue to take the following precautions as recommended by the CDC:
- Sharing best practices and preventative actions for protecting employee health
- Increasing frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high-traffic areas across our facility
- Restricting visitation to SVFS: No outside groups or guests permitted to visit SVFS over a 30-day period; All visitors are required to complete a COVID-19 Attestation Form upon entering our facility (Any visitor who is unable to attest to statements regarding travel, exposure and symptoms as directed by the CDC will not be permitted into our facility and will be instructed to call to reschedule appointments.)
- Prohibiting any professional/business travel and encouraging personal travel restrictions based upon recommendations from the CDC
- Limiting return to our facility for the recommended 14-day period for employees with recent high-risk travel history
We are taking the COVID-19 threat to our St. Vincent Family seriously, and we are applying all reasonable measures to prepare for and alleviate the risk of COVID-19 to our team members, our clients and our community. We will continue to provide additional updates as the situation evolves. Thank you for your patience and grace – we appreciate your understanding as we navigate through these unprecedented circumstances.
Susan Lewis Kaylor
President & CEO, St. Vincent Family Services