- Who We Are
- Foster Care
- St. Vincent Prep Academy
- SVFS Families
- News & Events
St. Vincent Family Services’ Response to COVID-19
Uncertain times can leave us feeling unsure of how to best support our families. And now more than ever, our children need us – to create a sense of safety and stability they can rely on.
St. Vincent Family Services remains OPEN and ready to meet your family’s behavioral health needs. We’ve adapted our programs to prioritize the health and safety of our community, now offering convenient telehealth counseling and intervention by video and telephone. We’ve also expanded our counseling programs to now serve adults ages 19-62.
If you or your family are looking for behavioral health support, St. Vincent Family Services is here for you. Give us a call at 614- 824-KIDS (5437) or complete an online request for support.
Commitment to Health and Safety
St. Vincent Family Services is taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our children, our families and our care team. In accordance with the requirements set forth by the state of Ohio, and with special consideration to our St. Vincent Family, here’s what we’re doing to keep SVFS safe and healthy:
All SVFS employees are wearing appropriate face coverings while working onsite as a method of protection to limit the potential spread of COVID-19. We request that all visitors 2+ years of age and all children attending programming at SVFS wear appropriate face coverings – we keep clean masks available in our front lobby.
We’ve implemented safe social distancing practices throughout our facility, adapting our program enrollment and capacity measures to comply with distancing protocols. At St. Vincent Prep Academy, we’ve limited 10 students per room to comply with the 3-feet physical distancing protocols required in schools by the Ohio Department of Health.
We have increased agency-wide cleaning and sanitation measures to maintain a healthy environment at SVFS. We are complying with all cleaning requirements enforced by the Ohio Department of Health and are frequently and thoroughly disinfecting high-contact items and areas.
All SVFS employees are self-monitoring their health daily, and we are symptom-checking and taking the temperature of each visitor upon arrival to SVFS each day. Individuals with a temperature of 100.4F (38C) or higher are asked to leave and return when fever and symptom free for 72 hours per CDC guidelines. Individuals and SVFS employees who are ill or displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
Frequent and appropriate handwashing is encouraged across our facility. Children are required to wash their hands upon arriving and leaving SVFS, closely monitored by our care team. Handwashing areas and appropriate soap and sanitation are stationed throughout the building, and reminders are provided to all SVFS employees daily.
Support for Families
We are here to help you help your family as you navigate these unprecedented circumstances. Below is a list of resources to support your child’s educational and social-emotional needs and to help you and your family stay healthy and well.
- Tips from St. Vincent Family Services’ Early Children Mental Health Team
- Back to School Toolkit from Mental Health America
- Ohio Department of Education: How to Support Your Child’s Social, Emotional and Behavioral Health
- Social Emotional Book List
- Helping Kids Cope With Grief, Emergencies, Homelessness and More
- Story Hand: Soothing Children’s Stress About Covid-19
- Calm: Free resources to support emotional wellness
- Support for Stress & Substance Abuse
- At-Home Educational Opportunities for Grades K-3
- At-Home Educational Opportunities for Grades 4-6
- At-Home Educational Opportunities for Middle School
- At-Home Educational Opportunities for High School
- Virtual Exhibits for Online Learning and Fun
- PBS Kids: Free educational games and videos
- Lakeshore: Free lessons, activities, worksheets, craft ideas and more!
- Starfall: Free interactive learning games and activities
- Into the Book: Free interactive reading comprehension activities available in English and Spanish
- Switch Zoo: Free animal games and puzzles
- Seussville: Free Dr. Seuss stories and games
- Scholastic: Free day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking and growing
- BrainPOP: Free interactive lessons by subject
- Funbrain: Free learning games, activities and books by grade
- National Geographic Kids: Free learning games and activities
- BookFlix: Free online books available in English and Spanish
- Educational Shows on Netflix
- Ohio Department of Health: Covid-19 Updates
- How to Prevent Misinformation About COVID-19: English Spanish
- Información básica sobre COVID-19
- OhioHealth – Consultas Medicas
- Managing Coronavirus-related Stress
- Resources for Adults Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- ADAMH Board of Franklin County:Managing Stress in Long-term Crisis
- Family Activity Ideas during COVID-19
- Things to Do at Home
- Food Resources: Soup kitchens, pantries, free meals for kids and more
- Talking to Kids about COVID-19